John Flynn’s hometown is Tonawanda, New York. John is a former insurance defense attorney. He is a well respected member of the Western New York legal community and now uses his considerable skills and experience as a personal injury attorney to help injured people.
John is a former Tonawanda Town Court Justice and has served as an Acting Buffalo City Court Judge. He also is a Commander in the United States Naval Reserves, Judge Advocate General’s Corps. Commander Flynn’s legal and military careers merged when he previously served at the United States Naval Academy as the Officer-in-Charge of the Office of Legal Counsel, providing advice and representation to more than 5,000 midshipmen, active-duty faculty and staff.
John still lives in Tonawanda, NY with his wife, Debra, and their five children.
Honors and Awards
- 2 Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Junior Officer-of-the-Year Naval Legal Service Office Central, 1997
- Superior Rating, Western New York Minority Bar Association, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Erie County
- American Association for Justice
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Magistrates Association
- New York State Magistrates Association
- Tonawanda Town Council, 2004 – 2007
- Tonawanda Town Justice, 2007 – 2010
- Acting Buffalo City Court Judge, 2008 – 2010
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Navy Reserves, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, Commander
- St. Amelia’s Parish Lector
- St. Amelia’s Parish Council, Past Member
- Ken-Ton YMCA, Board of Directors (Past Member)